Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's like Arabic but not..

So, tomorrow is off to host families with for CBT. I'm staying in Rosso in a little neighborhood not too far a walk from here. I'll be studying Hassaniya which is sortof a dialect of Arabic mixed with berber dialects and some of the southern languages. I tested high enough on my French to not study it any more (suprised?) and I'll just kindof pick it up as I go along... which should make anyone who knows Parisian French give me really weird looks. Anyway, been really busy and I'm sorry I can't e-mail so much. There are cyber-cafe's in Rosso though so I'll probably stop into one every week or so. We're gonna be back at the center for tech training in a few weeks too. Alright friends and family, be good and be safe now out there. It's a dangerous world after all ;)

P.S. Mom, the bomb? Maybe if you didn't give my car nasty nicknames it would be nicer to you :P. Ready to be a grandma?

P.P.S. Tracy, how's it feel to have an ankle-biter on the way? Has it sunk in yet?

P.P.P.S. Dad, you're gonna be a grandpa! I know you're playing it cool but really, you must be freaking out.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I think "the bomb" is a good name for your car. :) It's being nice to me as long as I plan for wide turns and allow plenty of stopping time.

Hey, do you have a cell phone yet? I have my "Hello Africa" card and am ready to call whenever you say the word!

Love you!
Mom

Tracy said...

Uncle Wil can't quite wrap his head around the whole Uncle concept. He decided that the ankle biter will be his nephew and he will be it's brother. LOL. He did find it particularly amusing that you would be Uncle John and Drew would be Aunt Drew. I am very excited to have an ankle biter on the way. I've come up with the perfect names...Brutus for a boy and Beulah for a girl. What do you think? Love ya!