Sunday, March 22, 2009

Consistency? Don't talk to me about consistency...

Variety is the spice of life, from the variety of flavors you could sample everyday in your tour through the incredible diversity of American food to the simply elegant melange of entertainments that present themselves to you every evening. So don't complain that it took me more than two months to write in my blog. Delay is good for you. It makes you crave what's coming, making it seem better than it ever really was.
So we've opened our GMC. Finalemement. Finally. And I think in French a little bit. Sometimes. Finalement.
The opening ceremony was many things, but what it mainly is, is over. Is that grammatically correct? It should be if it isn't, it's the kindof thing I'd say in conversation.
Work has finally begun. Finally. Not that arguing and acculturating with town officials wasn't work (it was) but this is different. Simpler, somehow.
Okay, so moving on. My sweet new puppy is named Maggie, she's a white-with-brown-spots dog with a sweet and pliable disposition who tries to play with the feral cats in my yard by barking at them. You'd love her.
WAIST was fun and decadent. We found an incredible milkshake/pizza shop blocks from the hotel with absolutely incredible food at reasonable prices. I played softball and I wasn't terrible. Not even bad. (see mom? I told you I knew how to play...) I've been shopping for graduate programs, some of the interesting ones I've been looking at that are probably out of my league are at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore. Don't pretend, I know you were wondering.
My niece was born. This was really the first piece of news for this blog post, but I figured most of you knew it. She's gorgeous and perfect in the Tyler tradition (the fact that she's not actually a Tyler doesn't diminish this in the least) and I'm going to do my absolute best to be as irritating an uncle as possible for my sister's sake. By this I mean lots of noisy and mildly dangerous toys, firecrackers, and good advice when she gets older :)
So I know this is disjointed and rather small but I felt I needed to get back in the habit of writing blog entries so that I could write good ones later on. Tough luck for you this time around, my faithful readers.
Hope you're all basking in the spring goodness of the states, and if you're not... just think that you could be where it hasn't really precipitated for six months and it's 105 degrees in the shade.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Thanks for finally blogging! It is good to get your perspective on things. Have fun with your computer and English classes. Give my "granddog" a pat from me. Talk to you soon!
Love you lots!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi, It is so good to hear from you. I'm glad your project is underway and you are having a successful run with it. Nice to hear about Maggie, how about a picture? Your niece, my great granddaughter is wonderful, and perfect and terrific...you get my drift. Please blog again soon, I really do miss your wit :) God Bless you.
Love,
Grandma
Love